4 Ways to Increase Body Stamina – All the activities that you do require energy. When stamina decreases, the enthusiasm for activity also decreases. Every activity you go through finally feels so tiring. Fortunately, there are some simple ways that you can increase your stamina.
How to increase stamina
Stamina is the body’s ability to undergo physical and mental activity for a certain period of time. Someone with high stamina is certainly more resistant to stress, injury, and feeling tired when on the move.
Here are a series of tips you can do to increase stamina:
Exercise does make the body feel tired, but regular exercise provides long-term effects in the form of increased stamina.
Regular exercise for six weeks can even increase energy levels, sleep quality, and brain function.
You can increase stamina through the exercise in the following ways:
- Cardio exercise (jogging, biking, jumping rope) for 30 minutes every day
- High-intensity interval training, or high-intensity sports for a short time 2-3 times each week
- Weight lifting 1-5 times every day
2. Increase the intensity of exercise and reduce rest breaks
To build muscle endurance and stamina, limit rest breaks during exercise for 30-90 seconds. Increase the intensity of warming up and exercise so that your body is getting used to using energy.
You can choose any type of sport, whether running, cycling, swimming or even push-ups. The key is to encourage your body to exercise as much as possible. Do it regularly, at least 3-5 times every week.
3. Doing meditation and yoga
Meditation and yoga not only make you relax but also one way to increase stamina. If done routinely, both of these activities can increase endurance and reduce stress and fatigue.
Yoga movements that are useful for increasing stamina include:
- Boat pose. Sit with your legs straight and your hands at your sides. Lift and straighten your legs up (body in the shape of the letter V), then place your hands beside your knees so that you sit on your buttocks. Hold for a few seconds.
- Upward-facing dog pose. Lie on your stomach with your palm touching the mat. Then, straighten your arms until your body is raised slightly, but with your feet still aligned with the mat (raised slightly). Hold this pose for a few seconds.
- Goddess pose. Stand with your legs wide and your toes facing out. Exhale, then bend your knees like a squat position. Lift and straighten your hands up, and hold for 5 breaths.
4. Consuming caffeine
Another proven way to increase stamina is to consume caffeine. Caffeine can indeed affect your physical performance by increasing circulatory function, the hormonal system, muscle activity, body temperature, and fat burning.
However, remember to limit your daily intake. The safe limit for caffeine intake is 400 milligrams per day, equivalent to 4 cups of coffee.
Avoid high-sugar sources of caffeine such as soda, coffee with cream, and energy drinks.
High stamina will keep you focused and energized while undergoing daily activities. Your body does not get tired easily because you are accustomed to using energy efficiently.
If all of the above methods cannot increase your stamina, try to consult with a doctor about this. The reason, prolonged lethargy may indicate other health problems in your body.