Want to Exercise, But Lazy Out of the House? Try this Cardio Gymnastics Movement – Cardio exercises are very useful for maintaining heart and lung health, losing weight, and making the body feel fit. You also don’t need to bother going to the gym because cardio gymnastics movements are generally easy and can be done at home.
Cardio gymnastics movement consists of three parts, namely the heating movement, core movement, and cooling movements. Each part has its benefits and sequence of movements. Here are the steps you need to do.
Cardio gymnastic heating movements
Reporting from the NHS website, the heating movement aims to prepare the body before making a heavier core movement.
Warming up can reduce the risk of injury and pain, flex the muscles, and increase blood and oxygen flow throughout the body.
To warm up cardio at home, the following steps:
- Start by walking for 3 minutes, then walk forwards and backward.
- Clench your palms together, then swing your hands together with the rhythm of the footsteps.
- Still clenching your palms, spread both hands forward
- Step your left heel forward, then return to its original position. Do alternately with the right heel for 60 seconds.
- Lift the left knee, then touch the knee with the right hand. Make sure your thighs and legs are straight so that they form a 90-degree angle.
- Make turns with the right knee for 30 seconds.
- As you walk, move your shoulders back and forth. Do each 5 times.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Spread your arms outwards, then bend your knees as if you are crouching. Repeat 10 times.
Cardio gymnastic movements
There are many core cardio gymnastic movements that you can do at home. Here are a few examples:
Start by standing, then jump to the right side. Land with your right foot with your left knee bent straight.
After that, jump back to the left side. Repeat this cardio gymnastic movement 6-8 times.
Start by standing tall. In one square, sit down and push your body back until your back touches the floor.
When your back touches the floor, lift your hips and legs. Rollback to the front until you get back on your feet. Repeat 10 times.
Stand in front of a box with your right foot on it. Swap the position of the foot quickly into the left leg, then the right leg again. Repeat 10 times.
Stand while bending your elbows beside your body, like you are about to jump rope. Then, start jumping in all directions while swinging both hands. Do it for 20 seconds.
Start by standing while bending your knees. Move your feet quickly like you’re running.
After 5 seconds, drop your body like you would do a push-up. Repeat all of these steps for 20 seconds.
Cardio gymnastic cooling movements
Various types of cardio gymnastics cooling movements are quite easy to do at home.
All have the same benefits, namely, restore heart rate and breathing, and make your body relax.
The following movements you can do:
- Stand while stretching your arms to the side and spread your legs. Touch your left foot with your right hand, then stand back. Repeat with the other hand and foot. Do it for 30 seconds.
- Stand with your left foot, then bend your left knee and place your right foot on it. Push your body slowly downward like a squat position. Do it for 30 seconds, then repeat with your right foot.
- Stand up straight, then bend your left leg back until your heels touch your buttocks. Hold this position for 30 seconds, then repeat with the other leg.
- Get up while spreading legs and place both hands on the waist. Raise your left hand above your head, then push to the right. Follow the direction of motion with the body, then repeat towards the left. Do it for 30 seconds.
- While standing straight, raise your hands above your head. Bend your left elbow back, then touch with your right hand. Do it for 30 seconds, then repeat with your other hand.
Cardio gymnastics is one of the best choices for those of you who want to exercise regularly at home. Although simple, a variety of movements in it have been effective to make you sweat without having to spend a lot of time and space.
Cardio gymnastics is also safe for all age groups as long as no complaints arise after doing so. Try to make it a routine and feel the benefits of body fitness.