Organic Cow’s Milk or Ordinary Cow’s Milk – Along with the development of the times, organic food products are now starting to be glimpsed by the community thanks to its various advantages. Organic cow’s milk, for example, is believed to be free from a mixture of chemicals. Perhaps many of you are wondering, what’s the difference between organic milk and ordinary cow’s milk? And which is healthier between the two? Don’t worry, I will answer that question through this review.
What is organic milk?
Organic is something that is processed, planted, or maintained without the addition of synthetic chemicals, aka artificial. In other words, something that is processed organically can be sure to have natural ingredients and are free of other additives.
Similarly, organic cow’s milk. Organic milk is milk produced from cows that are not given additional antibiotic drugs, and are free of reproductive and growth hormones.
It is said so because about 30 percent of the food given to these organic milk-producing cows is grass. While the rest, which is around 70 percent, the beef food must be free of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and GMO grains.
GMO or genetically modified organisms are food products whose processing has been through genetic engineering. Consumers usually do not know very well what genes are in these food products, as well as the level of safety. That is one of the things that distinguishes organic cow’s milk from ordinary cow’s milk.
Well, for your parents, there is no need to hesitate giving organic milk to children. The reason is, even though organic milk comes from cows that are free of antibiotics and additional hormones, the quality is still safe to give to children.
What is the difference between an ordinary cow’s milk and organic cow’s milk?
As previously explained, organic cow’s milk is processed without the addition of antibiotics and reproductive and growth hormones. While in ordinary cow’s milk, it is still possible to be given various additional chemicals.
The process of producing organic cow’s milk and ordinary cow’s milk can be likened. In a sense, ordinary cow’s milk can be milked and sterilized from harmful bacteria or germs in the same way as organic cow’s milk.
However, organic cattle farms have more stringent rules than ordinary cattle farms in terms of raising, feeding, and caring for their animals. This is because organic cow’s milk products must be guaranteed as natural as possible.
What are the nutritional contents of organic milk?
Because it is processed in such a way and contains various nutrients that are important for the body, naturally organic cow’s milk has various benefits, namely:
1. Helps maintain heart and blood vessel health
The content of omega 3 fatty acids in organic milk, can help balance the ratio between omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids in the body.
The balance of the amount of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids is important for maintaining a healthy heart and blood vessels.
2. Supports various bodily functions
The conjugated linoleic acid found in organic milk also plays a role in various bodily functions.
Includes increasing metabolic rate, strengthening the immune system, strengthening muscles, and helping to reduce levels of abdominal fat, cholesterol, and the risk of allergic reactions.
3. consume some antioxidants
Interestingly, the difference between organic milk and ordinary cow’s milk also exists in the number of antioxidants. Organic milk contains antioxidants, namely lutein and zeaxanthin, about 2-3 times higher than ordinary cow’s milk.
Lutein serves to maintain eye health while preventing the onset of eye diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration. While zeaxanthin serves as a protective eye from damage that can be caused by ultraviolet (UV) and free radicals.
That is why, zeaxanthin can help reduce a person’s risk of developing eye diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy.
4. A good source of vitamins A and E
The amount of vitamin A and vitamin E content in organic milk and cow’s milk is also different. Organic cow’s milk has higher vitamin A and E contents because it is produced from quality cows fed on organic grass. In more detail, organic milk contains more vitamin E to 50 percent, and 75 percent beta-carotene than ordinary cow’s milk. Beta-carotene is a substance that will be converted into vitamin A in the body.
In the body, vitamin E is responsible for protecting body cells from free radical attacks that can trigger and various diseases. For example heart disease, diabetes, and cataracts. While vitamin A plays a role in maintaining healthy eyes, skin, reproductive systems, genes, strengthening the body’s immune system from infection, to support the growth of bones and teeth.
Because of the various ingredients and benefits that organic milk can be a solution to a healthier and more natural life. To feel the benefits optimally, make it a habit to drink organic cow’s milk regularly every day.